Join the Team!
Not just a job, join the team and enjoy a career with Triple i
2nd August 2022
2023 Electrical Apprenticeship
Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Gain nationally recognised qualifications while you work.
Unleash your potential with these exciting Electrical Apprenticeships roles with HVTC Group and Host Employer, Triple I.
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician over 48 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer, Triple I.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist with the running of cables and switch board manufacturing
- Read electrical diagrams, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- Participate in safety activities and risk assessments
- Terminate cables by crimping, clamping and soldering
- Use a variety of industry specific tools to carry out duties
- Assist qualified tradesmen by carrying out duties within the limits of apprentice skills, competence and ability
What’s in it for me?
Being a HVTC apprentice opens the door to working for industry leaders via our key connections with major local employers.
Being a HVTC apprentice means you have ongoing job security! Our network of Host Employers means we can offer rotations to ensure you can fulfil your education and training requirements; Become qualified without getting yourself into debt and actually earning an income!
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be able to take advantage of our exclusive employee benefits, which include:
- One-on-one coaching and development from a dedicated mentor
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts
- Discounted health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Alumni program to support you post qualification
- Reward and recognition programs
- Commbank Workplace Banking Program to give you financial advice (and retail discounts!)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, campaigns, and competitions through HVTC’s Committee (there might even be some prizes up for grabs!).
- 24/7 confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Group is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with Triple I. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work safely and follow instructions
- High attention to detail
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Demonstrated interest and passion for the Electrical Trade
- Current Drivers Licence (P1 or above)
- Construction White Card or willingness to obtain
- Covid-19 Vaccination or willingness to obtain
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application.
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on ‘Vacancies’ and selecting the relevant position, then the ‘Apply Online’ button at the top of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Michael Schipp on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 30th August 2022
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.
Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment companies or any for-fee recruiters, unless requested. Resumes submitted via this website or directly to a hiring manager become the property of Triple i, and we retain the right to hire the applicant.