Optimise your primary metals production processes with knowledge-base automation & control solutions – gain an advantage!
As one of our oldest industries, primary metal production has undergone vast changes over recent years with more advances anticipated as the industry expands and becomes progressively dynamic. To address increasing global competition and the emergence of new technologies, strategies require constant review, with focus on cost-saving, process improvement and safeguarding safety being key to long-term viability and success.
With extensive experience in the primary metals industry, Triple i have developed the integrated solutions that deliver you a measurable advantage. Our expertise in process automation and control, along with engineering, electrical and mechanical construction, and service and support, ensures you will have the correct strategies and processes which are fit-for-purpose and can aid in your operation’s journey to success.
WHAT TRIPLE I OFFER YOUR PRIMARY METALs OPERATIONS?
Primary metals production, especially iron and steelmaking, relies heavily on processes, such as continuous, bath or on/off (start/stop), to produce outputs. Our team are specialists in enabling real-time control which allow you to maintain vital process parameters to respond to different demands as they occur.
Our team can apply industry specific knowledge-based solutions fit-for-purpose for various applications. All of which require measurement, monitoring and control to support primary productions complex operations. Such applications include:
- Heat treatment and cooling
- Materials handling
- Gas processing
- Slab casting and rolling
- Pickling with chemicals
- Contaminant processing
- Wastewater treatment
- Safety Systems
- Emission controls
- Packaging and despatch
Our automation and control solutions aid process efficiencies and increase quality assurance ensuring consistent metallurgical properties across outputs. Our solutions are proven to help increase yields and minimise energy costs, optimising costs-per-tonne.
Safety plays a key role in the design and implementation of processes and systems, both in the way the plant is designed, and the way people work. Our team can identify each application within the complex process and create safe ways of operating with consideration to potential risks and hazards. Our team ensure that each application although has an impact on another, is operated in a way that ensures safety and maximum efficiency in production while remaining competitive in the market.
Through Triple I’s integrated solutions, we can provide specialised personnel who have the experience and application knowledge required for primary metals production operations, such as:
- Process automation engineers for control and safety systems
- Electricians for installation and maintenance
- Instrument technicians for calibrations
- Mechanical fitters to fabricate, install and maintain the various plant equipment around the site
Why choose Triple i as your Solutions Partner?
Triple i provide Primary Metals operations with automation and control solutions which are fit-for-purpose. We do not look at what could be sold, rather we recommend what is best suited to solve an issue or problem. Our customer centric approach means you will have a dedicated site supervisor or project manager who is responsible for intercompany communication and the efficient delivery of the project. As a team, we can:
Saving time on tasks reduces your costs, particularly when it comes to breakdowns and implementing manual tasks.
Streamline Staff Training
We provide training and support for all new systems, equipment and processes installed. We also streamline existing training systems with the implementation of innovative training tools using interactive photography and virtual environments.
Improve Safety & Risk Management
Be assured your staff work safely and in compliance with current legislation. Significantly reduce any risk of harm by minimising staff time in hazardous areas.
Safeguard Quality Assurance
Be assured the standard of outputs is kept to a high standard with implemented control and measure procedures, along with ongoing monitoring throughout the projects processes.
Optimise Production & Maximise Output
Focus efforts on improving production output. Save time on tasks and maximise performance with the correct equipment, predictive maintenance schedules and extensive support.
Access to more information and predictive maintenance activities, means your operations are more reliable, reducing breakdowns.
Deliver 24/7 breakdown Support
Our team can provide onsite and remote support depending on the type of breakdown or fault. With the move to IIoT technologies, remote fault resolution is being adopted leading to quicker troubleshooting techniques, shorter downtime, and reduced costs.
Improve Asset Management
Using our in-house asset management tool AIMS, our team is armed with the vital information needed to keep track of your assets while optimising your operations.
Deliver Industry Expertise
Our team has the knowledge and skill to ensure our solutions suit your operations regardless of the type of primary metals production operations.
TRIPLE I primary METALS INDUSTRY CAPABILITIES
At Triple i we understand the processes undertaken in efficient Primary Metals operations, and their range of challenges. Our expertise in process automation and control including systems, equipment, and asset management means you will be delivered fit-for-purpose solutions.
With digital transformation of the Primary Metals sector, we have found new ways to increase production rates, reduce costs per output, and maximise lifespans of plants. At the forefront of mining technologies in process automation and control we can help with major physical infrastructure improvements, provide exceptional monitoring systems, and safeguard teams from hazardous environments – offering an advantage.
Our capabilities for the primary metals production industry include, but not limiting to:
- Electromagnetic stirring, braking and temperature measurement devices and solutions
- Electric arc, ladle, and aluminium furnaces
- Thick and thin slab, billet, and boom casters
Metals Digital Transformation
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) Solutions
- Wide range Industrial communication networks
- Asset and personnel tracking
- Data visualisation
- AI and analytics
- Process and electrical control
- Smart melt shop solutions
- Continuous casting
- Cold roller mills
- Long product rolling
- Central control room
- Hazard identification procedures and alert systems
- Standard operating procedures, training and support for equipment use
- Conveyor systems
- Mine water management
- Underground equipment monitoring; longwall mining solutions
- Mobile control rooms
- Ship loading systems
- Pipeline control systems
- Bore management and water processing
- Crushing and thickening control solutions
- Material handling control
Fit-for-purpose Automation & Control
- Automation and process control engineering to enhance the safety, efficiency, and quality of operations.
- Design, manufacturing, and installation of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control System (DCS) and Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) solutions.
- Control system upgrades / migrations.
- Industrial communication network (including wireless) design and installation.
- Asset visualisation and optimisation solutions using the Asset Relationship and Data Integrator (ARDI) system.
- Electrical design, manufacturing, and installation (including variable speed drives).
- Mechanical fabrication and construction.
- Process instrumentation for various applications (flow, level, pressure, temperature, analysis, etc.)
- Specification, supply, and delivery of:
- Control system hardware, instrumentation, sensors, and actuators.
- Automated hardware and software.
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) solutions.
- Pre-engineered / configured equipment.
- Hazardous area design / engineering including Electrical Equipment Hazardous Area (EEHA); checks and compliance audits.
- Machine safety control system design, build, and installation.
- Functional safety assessments / compliance audits.
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessments to IEC61508/61511, Control Systems Hazard and Operability (HAZOP/CHAZOP) studies.
- Safety Instrumented System (SIS) lifecycle.
- Material handling control / storage facility systems.
- Complete project lifecycle benefits and support for new projects to upgrades.
- Process improvement consultation / reviews.
- Upgrades / shutdown management.
- Sustainability reviews / audits.
- Resource monitoring / waste reduction.
- Cost reduction / margin management.
- Quality assurance and management; product traceability / quality tracking systems.
Service & Support
- 24 / 7 / 365 service and support.
- Onsite and remote support.
- Inhouse Asset Information Management System (AIMS).
- Preventative routine maintenance programs.
- Instrument calibration and management.
- Advanced technology training.
With the latest technologies and innovations in automation and control, we can maximise output, assure quality and safeguard safety – giving you an advantage!
For more information call us today.