Join the Team!
Not just a job, join the team and enjoy a career with Triple i
8th July 2022
• Secure employment with a company that values quality and reputation
• Excellent work culture with an internal practical management team
• Participate in multidiscipline solutions using our own full-time staff
This opportunity seeks an experienced person with mechanical heavy industry construction and fabrication background to manage opportunities, project delivery and mechanically skilled staff.
Opportunity drawing on your heavy industry construction and fabrication background to manage opportunities, project delivery and mechanically skilled staff.
Our mechanical manager is retiring. This has provided an opportunity for a highly experienced person with a mechanical background to provide the lead / management for the mechanical group. This group compliments our Engineering, Electrical and Maintenance teams.
The position offers coastal lifestyle and a supportive culture at all levels in the company while maintaining ownership of decisions and results.
Our base is in the Illawarra, tucked away where the escarpment meets the sea, the Illawarra provides a coastal lifestyle unlike any other. The contrast of beaches and mountains highlights the special charm to the region, delivering an excess of beautiful natural attractions along with vibrant city centres. Join Triple i and call the Illawarra home, and enjoy a lifestyle change with something to offer for everyone.
Triple i is a multi-disciplined industrial services company dedicated to always providing the highest level of customer service. We partner with our customers to provide quality, high integrity, flexible and business aligned solutions.
We focus on providing these services across a broad range of industries including steel, mining, manufacturing, petrochemical and the utilities sector.
We are a ‘whole of life’ company – from concept design through to maintenance and operational support – and we are a trusted partner for our customers.
We have a long term approach to our market and seek sustainable consistent development. We have been in business 35 years and our business plan is focused on seeing the company maintaining its values and operation for many years to come.
Employing over 75 full time staff. Our resource capabilities include project managers, engineers, technicians, electricians, welders, fitters, riggers, operational support and administration staff.
At Triple i, you will work with a dedicated team of talented individuals with specialties from a range of disciplines. Our team is made up of engineers, technical service specialists, skilled tradesman, problem solvers, designers and staff to support the delivery of our integrated capability offering.
Managers, directors and major shareholding have worked in the company.
The roles key focus is to provide the lead within the mechanical team. Working with the team to deliver projects and site works along with managing customers needs and expectations. Ownership and the management of the mechanical team in delivering the operational and strategic objectives of the company will be a key component of the role.
Drawing on your experience the types of the work include;
- Liaison with customers to deliver scope and service.
- Scope management including scheduling and preparing safety and quality documentation.
- Reviewing design, drawings and documentation.
- Estimating and proposal generation to suit minor and major projects.
- Working with project managers and other Triple I sections with the needs of consolidated works.
The successful candidate will have Australian residency and be positioned in the Illawarra Region of NSW. The applicant must be able to provide evidence they have the experience and skills to suit the coverage of the job needs and must have;
- Qualifications or proven experience to suit the role.
- Demonstrated experience in heavy industry or manufacturing with a solid understanding of WHS, quality and management practices.
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to safety, quality, honesty and work integrity.
- Demonstrated communication skills effective in dealing with both customers and team members.
Experience in the following is essential:
- Planning, Project Scheduling and resource management.
- Independent supervision of mechanical teams, managing team skills and task assignment to efficiently and safely complete work.
- Proven experience in estimating small to large sized projects.
- Employee development and mentoring.
- Computer competency skills required to use Microsoft O365 suite are desirable.
- Ideally has been involved in multidiscipline scopes of work.
Candidates who may have less experience but proven job delivery, including estimating and personnel management, are encouraged to apply.
The remuneration will depend on the skills, outcomes and experience you can deliver.
Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment companies or any for-fee recruiters, unless requested. Resumes submitted via this website or directly to a hiring manager become the property of Triple i, and we retain the right to hire the applicant.