Join our Team
Delivering careers, development and job satisfaction – Control Systems Engineer
Control Systems Engineer
- An exceptional opportunity in a rapidly growing market
- Industry-leading technology
- Dedicated Project & Support roles available
The Control Systems Engineer position requires independent ownership of work tasks to produce concepts and design with a methodical engineering approach. The position reports to the Engineering & Technology Manager.
Features of the work include:
- Providing application solutions to our customers by applying background knowledge of hardware and software functionality. Core to this will be an understanding of Process Control.
- Willingness to be a part of a team with a focus on solving problems no matter how they are presented.
- Independently developing, testing, and commissioning Process Control software solutions for DCS systems.
- Capability to oversee and commission completed design work.
- Customer support for fault finding, process improvements, and project work.
- A strong focus on safety and management of risk being considered in all work.
- Work within a positive environment with support from a highly experienced and diverse team.
- Work within an organisation that has some of the largest machines and complex processes in Australia.
- Work with organisations that have some of the largest machines and complex processes in Australia.
- Gain from recognition of performance and regular updates on progress.
- Receive a competitive remuneration package with overtime or Time in lieu of additional hours worked.
Employing over 80 full-time staff, we focus on projects across industries, including steel, mining, and utilities. We have a team capable of offering complete lifecycle services. Our capability enables us to provide a variety of project services for our customers across both small agile works and large multidiscipline projects.
Specialist skills the company provides to our customers cover a range of areas, including formal hazard and operability studies (HAZOP) and risk assessment capability, functional safety, and hazardous area applications. In addition, we deliver a range of augmented reality (AR) and virtual environment (VE) technologies to our expanding OT market.
The successful candidate will have Australian residency and live in the Illawarra Region of NSW. The applicant must be able to prove skills to suit the job needs, including:
- Experience in control systems design from a hardware and software perspective.
- Experience with clear documentation, design and implementation of Process Control applications using DCS systems is a necessity for this role.
- Proven use of Bailey, ABB and/or Yokogawa suite of DCS platforms is regarded as an advantage.
- The ability to work unsupervised, own projects, support outcomes, and be highly self-motivated to implement, tune and optimise process control solutions in a continuously operating plant.
- Methodically approach an engineering problem, along with generating and implementing solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience. We require the applicant to have completed an Engineers Australian-recognised Electrical, Computer, or Mechatronics Engineering degree or appropriate TAFE qualification.
- Demonstrated a solid commitment to safety, quality, honesty, and work integrity.
- Demonstrated communication skills effectively in dealing with both customers and team members. The candidate must understand, generate, and effectively communicate engineering solutions in line with varying customer requirements.
- Computer competency skills and be able to use Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
The Illawarra provides a picturesque coastal setting with ready access to Sydney, affordable housing, and a valued lifestyle mix. You can access both the beach and open spaces within minutes. Wollongong is NSW’s third largest city and offers well-respected schools and supports its population with good medical, cultural, and recreational facilities.
Information & Apply
If you would like more information about a career at Triple i, visit our website – https://www.triplei.com.au/careers/
To apply submit your resume and cover letter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we do not accept applications from recruitment companies or any for-fee recruiters, unless requested. Resumes submitted via this website or directly to a hiring manager become the property of Triple i, and we retain the right to hire the applicant.